Canada is the dream destination for many immigrants because of its lenient immigration policies. One of the main reasons for its popularity is its fast processing time and immigrant friendly programs. Overall, Canadian Immigration Policy is worldwide famous for its simplicity and fast processing time.
Canadian Immigration allows the immigrants to apply under several categories like Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class, Provincial Nomination Program, International Student Stream, Family Sponsor Stream and Entrepreneurship Stream etc. The average time taken for processing the application is around 5 to 8 months but it mainly varies from case to case.
The IRCC (Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada) claims there express entry program is the fastest way for an application to processed and gets a permanent residence visa. Most application is processed in around 6 months.
But the main thing that isn’t taken into account is the time for getting all the documents ready for the immigration process. Let’s discuss the step that needs to be done in order to get a permanent residence visa:
- An applicant needs to first collect the documents that are required in the express entry program that is Educational Credential Assessment(ECA) from a recognized institution and proof for language proficiency by taking language test like IELTS (Keep in mind IRCC accepts only score valid for only two years). Getting all these documents take around one to two months.
- Creating your express profile is the next step. After creating a profile, candidate needs to get 67 points (In FSWP stream) awarded based on the factors like age, education, work experience, adaptability etc.
- After creating the express profile, there profile is submitted into express pool. Based on the points awarded their profile is ranked in CRS. Best ranking profile is then selects and is given Invitation To Apply (ITA) for permanent residence visa by IRCC.
- Once the candidate receives ITA, they need to sort the required documents and submit their application with all the documents to same immigration office. The medical and PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) needs to submitted when asked by the authorities.
Lastly, including all the above steps that is getting documents ready, creating your express profile, getting the ITA, submitting the application to the immigration office, evaluating and getting the approval from the immigration office it all takes around 6 to 8 months to get Canada PR visa processed and approved.
Processing time under various immigration processes
Application processing time varies from cases to cases and depends on the immigration process you have submitted your application. Following are some of the immigration process and the time taken by them to process the application:
Express Entry Program: It is the fastest immigration process to get a Canadian PR visa. At present the verification process stands at 6 months. But this time is for the easiest of cases one can take around 9 months to get their application processed via express entry program.
Quebec Skilled Worker Program: The QSWP has their own entire process for inviting the immigrants for permanent residency different from express entry and provincial nomination program. Currently average time taken by the Quebec immigration office to process an application is around 11 to 12 months.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): Process is as same as express entry. But the verification time taken by the PNP’s slightly longer than the express entry program at upwards of 12 months.
Some of the major things that affect the time processing of Canada PR are as follows:
- CRS point of the applicant.
- CRS score requirement by IRCC.
- Accuracy of submitted application.
- Background verification status.
- Time taken on queries asked by the applicant.
- Immigration Consultant you have hires can be a big factor on the time taken.
How Nationwide Visas The Best Immigration Consultant In India Can Help You?
Nationwide Immigration Services offer comprehensive immigration advice and assistance and can get you your Canada PR visa in the shortest time possible. Having worked in this field for the past 10 years, we have established ourselves as industry leaders and pride ourselves on providing some of the most quality immigration help to students and professionals alike. If you want expert help with your Canadian immigration visa, contact us.