Manitoba province is situated in the middle of the country and is often called the “Gateway to Western Canada”. Easiest way to immigrate to Manitoba province is via the Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program (MPNP).
There are two ways to apply for provincial nomination of Manitoba, first is to directly apply for provincial nomination by creating a profile on Manitoba immigration website and apply for provincial nomination. Second way is that to create a profile on express entry program and show expression of interest (EOI) and select the province Manitoba as the province you want to move into. Manitoba immigration office will evaluate your application and on selection of the application 600 CRS points are awarded to the applicant’s profile. This many points will ensure that you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence visa.
What are the streams under MPNP 2019?
Manitoba provincial program have three categories under which immigrants can apply:
Manitoba Invitation Stream
In this stream Manitoba immigration office travels around the world searching for talented individuals who have the required skills and experience and then they are issued a Letter of Invitation (LOI). Once the applicant has received the LOI, they have to travel to the province in order to conduct an exploratory visit.
- Age group must be between 21 to 45 years old.
- Must have a connection to the Manitoba
- Must have a minimum work experience of two years within previous five years.
- Must have the ability to find work within Manitoba province.
- Should provide a settlement plan to show a genuine interest in becoming a permanent residence of the province.
- Must provide general training IELTS score with score of 5 in each module.
- Must have at-least one-year, post-secondary certificate or training certificate.
Manitoba Connection Category
For applying under this category candidate must have a direct connection to a person, business or institution in Manitoba. There are various streams under this category and they are as follows:
Manitoba Support Stream
This stream is for candidates who do not have any job offer but have a personal connection in the province. The connection is termed as “Manitoba Supporter”. Connections that are approved in the stream are as follows:
Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Grandmother, Grandfather, Niece or Nephew, Aunt or Uncle, First Cousin, Other relatives and Close friend.
- Must be able to provide documented proof for current residency in the Manitoba
- Must be either a Canadian citizen or Permanent Residence.
- Must provide proof that previous sponsored applicant have found success as a resident of
Applicant has to score 60 out of 100 points in Manitoba point assessment grid. Candidates applying through this stream are required to have $10,000 CAD as well as additional $2,000 CAD per each family member who will be accompanying them.
Manitoba Experience Stream
This stream does not need any connection in the province. This stream is for temporary foreign workers and international students. Applicants have to score 60 points out of 100 in Manitoba point assessment grid. Applicants must have one of the following:
- Must have full-time, skilled work experience of at least six consecutive months in the past 10 years.
- Must have completed a post-secondary program in Manitoba.
For international students following are the requirements:
- Must be post-secondary graduate.
- Must have a work permit from Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC).
- Must be working full-time in the province.
- Must be having a job-offer for full-time, long term employment.
Manitoba Employment Stream
This stream is immigrants who are having long-term, full time job offers in the province. Requirements for the immigrants to apply under this stream are as follows:
- A job-offer from an eligible employer of the province.
- Sufficient language proficiency in English or French language.
- Must meet all the minimum requirements needed to perform the job being offered.
- Must provide a settlement plan which demonstrates how they plan to work, live and become part of community in the province.
Manitoba Business Investor Category
This category is for immigrants who want to establish permanent residence in Manitoba for the purpose of either starting their own business or buying an existing one.
Requirements foreign national must meet are as follows:
- Must have net worth of at least $350,000 CAD.
- Must make a minimum investment of $150,000 CAD into the business.
- Must have an active role in the management of the business.
- Must have the intention to live in the province
How to calculate points in Manitoba PNP Points Assessment Grid?
|FACTORS||Maximum Points Awarded|
What are the steps to immigrate to Manitoba?
There are three scenarios involving Manitoba immigration:
- Candidates can apply through Express Entry Skilled Worker Program. Manitoba province can then select suitable applicants from the pool who matched the requirements of the labor market province.
- Candidates can apply directly via the Manitoba Nominee Program. Province immigration office will then select candidates and asked them to move to express entry pool. Candidates will be given provincial nomination at this point.
- Candidates can be nominated directly by Manitoba provincial nomination program through the skilled worker and business categories.