Nova Scotia is the province that is located in the Atlantic region of Canada. Province of Nova Scotia is well known for its culture and the arts with a high standard of living. Coastal beauty and delicious cuisine are some other reasons that make living in the province worth it.
Like other provinces in Canada (except Quebec), Nova Scotia has the provincial nominee program – NSNP. It allows them to nominate the potential immigrants for permanent resident status in the province. Through this immigration pathway, Nova Scotia is able to select those skilled immigrants that will be able to help in the economic development of the province and easily adapt to the daily life of the province.
The major immigration streams under NSNP are as follows:
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry – For highly skilled immigrants with the wish to live in the province permanently
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry – For highly skilled immigrants with the wish to live in the province permanently. The immigrant must have minimum of one year of work experience in Nova Scotia high skilled occupation
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities – For Express Entry candidates who are able to meet provincial labour market needs to apply for nomination
- Skilled Worker Stream – Allows the eligible employer to recruit foreign workers and recently graduated international students whose skills are in requirement in the province
- Occupation in Demand Stream – This stream specifically targets NOC skill type C, intermediate occupations that are in demand in labour market
- Entrepreneur Stream – This stream is for an experienced business owner or senior business managers who want to live in the province of Nova Scotia
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream – This stream is for a recent graduate of a Nova Scotia university or Nova Scotia Community College
Minimum Requirements for NSNP
Every stream in NSNP has their own different requirements. We have generalized some requirements that are common in every stream of NSNP. These general requirements are as follows:
- Candidates filed of work must be in-demand in the province
- Age of the candidate must be in between 18 to 49 years of age
- Must have minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 under language proficiency
- Must show the intention to live in the province
- Need to possess an equivalent qualification diploma/certificate to the Canadian Education System
Express Entry in-line with NSNP
As mentioned above NSNP’ Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry is for the express entry candidates who want to apply for NSNP and live in the province as a permanent resident.
This stream allows the province of Nova Scotia to search for skilled candidates in the federal government’s express pool. Once the candidate is found, then based on the requirements of the NSNP, they are nominated for the provincial nomination. If an express entry candidate is able to get a provincial nomination certificate, they are given a major boost of 600 CRS points. These many points effectively make sure that the candidate gets an ITA (Invitation to Apply) and apply for Canada PR Visa to the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
For more information on PNPs or any other Immigration program – Call The Best Immigration Consultant – Nationwide Visas @ 92-92-92-92-81
Nova Scotia PNP Important Links