Unlike other provinces in Canada which has the Provincial Nomination Program (PNPs), Province of Quebec has its own immigration program for skilled immigrants – Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP). This immigration pathway allows Quebec to nominate the potential candidates/Skilled Worker who is able to economically established in the province.
What is the Quebec Skilled Worker Program?
For the skilled immigrants or international graduates in Quebec and want to move to the province of Quebec as a permanent resident, they have to apply under Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) or the Quebec Experience Program – PEQ
Quebec has introduced the system of Expression of Interest (EOI) system in 2018, to streamline the process for application applied under QSWP. Under this candidates are required to create an EOI profile through Quebec’s Arrima portal. Candidates can create their EOI profile in the Online Arrima portal and it is for anyone who is 18 years and above.
Eligibility for QSWP
Candidates who want to Canada PR Visa through QSWP needs to get a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). CSQ implies that the province has selected the candidate to live in the province as a permanent resident.
For candidates to be qualified under QSWP, they are required to score minimum required points under Quebec’s selection criteria. For a single applicant, the candidate must score minimum 50 points and for a candidate who is applying with their spouse or common-law partner they must score minimum 59 points.
These points are awarded based on the following factors:
- Education (Maximum 14 points)
- Area of Training (Maximum 12 points)
- Validate Employment Offer (Maximum 14 points)
- Work Experience (Maximum 8 points)
- Age (Maximum 16 points)
- Language Proficiency (Maximum 22 points)
- Stay and Family in Quebec (Maximum 8 points)
- Spouse/Common-law partner Characteristics (Maximum 17 points)
- Presence of Accompanying Children (Maximum 8 points)
- Financial Self-Sufficiency (1 point)
Note: Getting the 1 point under Financial Self-Sufficiency is mandatory. It signifies that the candidate will be able to support themselves financially for their move to Canada.
QSWP Processing Fees
Following is the table for the processing fees for QSWP in 2019:
|Principal Applicant||CAD $798|
|Spouse, de-facto spouse||CAD $171|
|Each dependent child||CAD $171|
Minimum Documents for QSWP
For a candidate to receive a CSQ, candidates are required to submit a proper set of documents. These required documents are as follows:
- ECA (Education Credential Assessment )
- Work Experience Letter
- Copies of traveling documents
- Copy of marriage certificate
- Proof of funds
- Proof of French proficiency
- Language exam score
Quebec Immigration Process
Applying for Canada PR Visa through QSWP, it is majorly a two-step immigration process:
Step 1: The very first step for the candidate is to create their EOI profile through the Arrima portal and apply under QSWP. The application will be assessed by the provincial immigration office and verify all the documents submitted. This process can take up to 41 months. Candidates can also look if their occupation is in-demand in the province.
Step 2: In this step, the candidate will get the CSQ. This certificate will allow the candidate and the accompanying family members to move to Quebec. This phase takes around 3 months to get completed. After this step, candidate can apply for Canada PR Visa. IRCC will issue the candidate the PR Visa. This process takes around 8-9 months.
Why Choose Nationwide Visas?
Following are some of the reasons that make us the best Canadian Immigration Consultant in Industry:
- 100% transparency on the process and eligibility criteria
- Job assistance guaranteed to our clients
- Post landing services
- Consultation by ICCRC lawyers
- 100% Success Rate
- Experience of more than 10000 approved applications
- Free Assessment Service: We offer a free assessment option to our clients to show them the possible strategy that will be implemented for their immigration process.
- Document Preparation: We have our experienced consultants who sort out all your documentation taking each case separately.
- IELTS Training: Our IELTS training program has been designed keeping this very fact in mind. We include mock-test preparations as well as in-depth section analysis to thoroughly prepare the client for tests.
- Resume Redesigning: We offer resume building services according to the Canadian standards under our Job assistance services, to give our clients an extra edge over other candidates. With this service, we are ensuring that our clients are able to land their desired jobs in Canada.
- Guaranteed Success: With our 100% success rate, we give a guarantee to help you realize your dream to settle in Canada.
- ICCRC Consultants: Nationwide immigration is the only immigration consultant in the market that provides you with the consultation of two ICCRC Immigration consultants. This allows us to cater to the needs of each of our clients.
For more information on Canada Immigration, Give us a call @ 92-92-92-92-81.
BC-PNP Important Links